Lingual Braces (Invisible Braces)
Get the wonderful smile of your dreams at affordable and accessible prices with the assurance of a specialist doctor.
Expert Orthodontist Dr. Dt. Yasin Akgul
Bakırköy Orthodontic Treatment Clinic
Fill the Form for
Lingual braces (invisible braces) are an alternative to metal braces. Owing to the braces that are not noticed from the outside, our mouth appearance does not pose an aesthetic problem.
Irregularities in nutrition, inadequate care and genetic predispositions result in intricacies or sequencing irregularities that affect daily life intensely. If oral and dental health is not taken care of, bigger problems can occur both in mental and physical sense. The solution to these problems lies in orthodontic treatments. Oral care is important in babies, and if a care habit is not formed from that period on, there will be problems in childhood and adulthood. In the same way, oral care in young people has a similar importance.
Lingual orthodontics, which is a popular method among orthodontic treatments and is an advantageous treatment in many aspects, offers an alternative to metal braces treatment. Lingual braces, which can give successful results when applied by expert dentists, allow you to have healthy smiles again.
What is Lingual Braces? (What is Invisible Braces?)
Metal braces may create question marks in terms of aesthetics rather than their effective results. Metal braces, which can be easily noticed from the outside, are a cause of discomfort especially for children and young patients. However, developing orthodontic technologies have also offered lingual braces.
Lingual braces refer to brackets and braces placed on the back surfaces of the teeth. Attaching to the back surface of the teeth causes it to not be visible from the outside. For this reason, it can be seen that it is also known as invisible braces. Just like other orthodontic treatments, it can prevent structural disorders of the teeth, problems such as crowding or crookedness, and sequencing problems that develop due to wrong positioning.
LINGUAL TREATMENT PROCESSES
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF LINGUAL BRACKETS?
First of all, you should avoid contacting your braces with your tongue after the treatment. The first few days of intense attention should be enough. After all, it gets easier to get used to this situation. It is also recommended not to consume hard foods during this period, to avoid foods such as sticky candy, and not to choose foods that are difficult to chew.
When Is Lingual Braces Made?
It is common for the teeth to be positioned anteriorly or posteriorly. This situation can be caused by many different reasons, including not showing the necessary importance to oral and dental care. These problems can be resolved with lingual braces. Optical success also increases interest in lingual treatment.
- In the cases where problems such as jaw slippage occur
- When you have to use braces and have an aesthetic concern
- When it is desired to give importance to appearance and have a healthy tooth structure
- When you have teeth positioned anteriorly or posteriorly
- When it is desired to support the structural solution with an optical solution
The reasons for making lingual braces can be summarized as above. Problems that occur with the difference between the lower and upper jaws may require lingual orthodontics. In addition, if those who have to use braces also have an aesthetic concern, they may turn to this treatment method. Healthy teeth and successful results can also be achieved with metal braces, but lingual braces are one step ahead as they are almost invisible.
The starting age of orthodontic treatments is generally between 12 and 14 years old. Every individual in this age group and above can have lingual braces, if necessary. The procedures to be performed together with the treatment method are decided at the discretion of the dentist. Since a special treatment process will be created for each patient, it is the most important detail to be recommended to apply to specialist dentists.
What is the Difference Between Lingual Braces and Other Braces?
Many advantages of lingual orthodontics can be mentioned when a comparison is made between lingual braces and other orthodontic-based treatments. The difference between the lingual braces and other braces can be summarized as follows:
- Classic metal braces are visible when viewed from the outside, but lingual braces have an invisible feature.
- Transparent dental plates are advantageous in many ways. However, it can still be noticed from the outside or always felt inside the mouth. You are unlikely to feel it because lingual plates are applied to the back surfaces of the teeth.
- The applications made during the insertion of the lingual braces last very short and do not cause pain. There will be no problems apart from a short adaptation period.
- An aesthetic appearance can be important for everyone, whether a child or an adult. Lingual braces are also advantageous in this respect.
- It is also different when the application is evaluated from the point of view of physicians. As it is a comfortable treatment, the whole process is smooth for both parties.
- The brackets in lingual orthodontics are quite small. This situation does not cause any difference while eating. There is no decrease in the quality of life.
- Considering the success rates, it can also be stated that lingual braces are in the top ranks.
As with any type of treatment, there are some disadvantages in lingual braces treatment. For example, the duration of braces in the mouth may increase, as they make the treatment process more comfortable. The teeth are pressed from the posterior surface, and this works effectively but slowly. At first, a negative effect may be seen on the speech, but this disadvantage will be short-lived. If we look at the treatment results-oriented, it can be clearly said that lingual braces are a very successful, effective and comfortable method.
What are the Prices of Lingual Braces?
What are the Prices of Lingual Braces?
While determining the price in orthodontic treatments, the patient's mouth and teeth structures are also taken into consideration. The quality of the material used is also an important factor, along with the number of teeth to be processed. The price, which is determined by considering all these, is told to the patient after the first examination to be performed. This is the reason why no exact price can be said. After the first examination, the patient who comes with a complaint is clearly informed about each stage of the treatment. Of course, the price is also included in this information. You can contact us to get detailed information and to learn about every point of the treatment process, and you can come to our clinic and be our guest.